Do you ever wake up and you’re just not motivated to do anything? So you just sit in front of the TV, or computer, and you don’t get anything done that you wanted to get done? Welcome to my life. Below are 4 solutions that I’ve come up with to help you (and I) get motivated in the mornings to be productive for the day.
- Drink coffee. When I wake up, and I have a cup of coffee or two, I feel so productive. Not only do I feel productive, but I am productive. I get so much done throughout the day. When I start to slow down and lose motivation, another cup of coffee gets me going again. And let’s not forget, coffee is a diuretic, so it can help you lose weight! Double bonus! This is of course if you don’t load it up with sugar.
- Exercise. I know, you just don’t want to. But if you can push past yourself stopping you, and just do it, you’ll thank yourself. Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins is the feel good chemical in your brain. It does exactly what you think, makes you feel good. If you can push yourself to exercise in the morning, you’ll feel great about yourself all day. Problem is, no one wakes up in the morning and says, “hmmm, I feel like jumping around right now”. We just need to push ourselves to do it. Say, “Sorry body. I know you’re tired, but if we just do some exercise right now, we’ll wake up, and feel good”. Just do it. I know you don’t want to, just do it.
- Reward yourself. If you have something immediate to work toward, (more immediate then reaching your goal weight) you’ll be more motivated to work for it. When you drop a dress size, buy a new dress. When you lose your first 10 pounds, treat yourself to a night at the movies. Don’t cheat. If you let yourself have the reward without the work, you’ll just stop doing the work. Pre-set your goals and rewards, and put them up on your wall to help keep you on track.
- Try on your clothes. Try on the dresses you love, or your lingerie, and think about how good it would look if you were a little smaller. I do this all the time. I try on my pretty dresses and my lingerie, and I feel awesome, and I know that with just a little more work, I’ll look and feel even better. Doing this helps me keep on track with my exercise and diet, and it’s fun!
- I also have a private board on Pinterest where I pin weight loss motivational pictures. Pinterest is full of motivational quotes and beautiful fit women, and I find scrolling through always helps to motivate me. I’ve made my board private because some of the pictures of women are a bit racy, but I find those are the best ones!
- My final tip for motivation is to remember a time when you were embarrassed, or think of a time that may happen in the future that could embarrass you. A good example for me is about a year after breaking up with an ex-boyfriend, I ran into him, and I’d put on a lot of weight. It was so embarrassing! The next time I run into him I want to be fit and skinny, not the girl he got away from before she got fat!
I hope these motivational tips help some of you out, and I’d love to hear about what gets you motivated!
2 thoughts on “Get Motivated!”
Coffee… coffee… one eye open… Coffee… coffee… two eyes open! ..and now time to exercise!