About a year and a half ago I bought myself a Fitbit Flex, and I absolutely love it!
Pretty much the Flex is worn on your wrist day and night. The battery in it lasts about 5 days at a time, and it’s waterproof, so it literally is worn all day, every day.
What does it track?
- Calories Burned
- Distance Walked
- Quality of Sleep
- Weight, Body Fat %, and BMI (You can buy the Fitbit scales which automatically upload your data, or your can manually input if you’ve got “non-Fitbit” scales)
- “Very Active Minutes”
- Water Intake
- Calorie Intake and Calorie Deficit
Below is a screen shot of the Fitbit App. When you near your step goal, you’ll get a notification on your phone telling you how many steps you’ve got left to motivate you to meet your goal. Once you meet it, the Flex flashes and vibrates in celebration. I still get excited every time!
What else can it do?
- Sync with your My Fitness Pal account to track your food instead of using the Fitbit App
- Rank you against your friends each week to show who did the most steps
- Allow you to compete in competitions with other Fitbit users (who can do the most steps in a day/ week, etc)
- E-mails you a weekly report of what you’ve done (below picture)
Fitbit Flex Downfalls:
- Can really only track cardio where your arms are moving
- Band becomes easily discoloured (comparison Picture Below: look at the edges. That’s not reflected light, the edges have turned dark. This is after only about 1 month of use of this band.)
I love it! It motivates me to be more active in my day to day life and I never forget to put it on because it’s already on! I find myself walking laps of my house at the end of the day just to make my step goal! And when I spend the day with friends, they’re always interested to know how far we’ve walked, and how many calories we’ve burned. It’s given me a much clearer view of how many calories I actually burn every day. If you’re thinking about buying a Fitbit Flex, I can definitely recommend it!
1 thought on “Fitbit Flex Review”
You’re doing amazing – keep it up… you are my motivation!!