I find the key to staying motivated is to keep everything new and changing, new stuff is exciting! Staring at the same picture of a hot model does not work for me! Eventually, she just fades into the background, and I don’t even notice her anymore. So, to keep you motivated, try these tips, and switch it up every week, or as often as you feel you need to!
1. Look at and pin up pictures of fit people
2. Look at and pin up quotes that you find motivational
3. Look at and pin up pictures of you when you were fit
4. Use upcoming events as motivation to get fit – Start a count down and set goals
5. Look at your favourite old clothes that don’t fit, and think about getting back into them
6. Look at clothes you’ll wear when you are fit, either online or in the shops
7. Buy a new piece of equipment – new weights, a Fitbit, a second hand treadmill
8. Buy new running shoes or workout clothes
9. Download a new fitness app – MyFitnessPal, Noom, Zombies Run, C25K (I’ve personally tried and love all of these!)
10. Start a new fitness routine – 30 day squat/ plank/ running challenge, Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide
11. Try some new healthy recipes
12. Set yourself some rewards – a new dress for losing 10 pounds, or a manicure and pedicure for losing 20 pounds
13. Set up “Pounds to Lose” and “Pounds Lost” jars. Put the number of marbles that equates to what you want to lose into the “Pounds to Lose” jar, and move over as you lose weight.
14. Start a competition with a friend who has similar fitness/ weight loss goals. The loser takes the winner to dinner.
15. Write a letter to yourself, either as you now, as you when you were thin, as you even heavier than you are now. Or write a letter to your thin self, telling them where you went wrong and what to watch out for. Tuck this letter away, and read it once in a while when you really need some drive.
Good luck staying motivated!!